The wallpaper mural you choose can make a room appear bigger, warmer, and brighter and even hide imperfect elements. How then do you choose the wallpaper for your wall?
Wallpaper consideration #1: Take a Cue from Colour
Colour sets the mood in a room. To make a space appear larger and the ceiling higher, pick patterns with light-colour backgrounds, such as green, blue, or violet. Light colours suggest tranquillity, while dark colours colours are dramatic, makes the space look smaller.
Wallpaper with light-colour background
Pictured: Noelle Fern Wallpaper in Green
Wallpaper with dark-coloured background
Pictured: French Panels Wallpaper in Dark Blue
Wallpaper consideration #2: Playing with visual illusion
Stripes and other vertical patterns emphasise height. Horizontal patterns, Horizontal patterns make narrow rooms appear wider.
Pictured: Swiss Cottage Wallpaper in Light Grey
Wallpaper with horizontal stripes
Pictured: Shore Blue Lines Wallpaper
Wallpaper consideration #3: Scale
Small patterns create a feel of spaciousness, while large-scale designs make rooms more intimate. To make an empty room look more furnished, pick large-scale patterns with bright colours and bolder backgrounds.
Wallpaper with large-scale patterns
Pictured: Monstera Green Wallpaper
Wallpaper consideration #4: Mix and Match
A room without pattern bores, while a room with too many patterns can cause restlessness. When playing with patterns, repeat the same colour or family of that colour, to make coordinating easy.
Why choose Hello Circus' wallpapers?
We understand your wall comes in different shapes and sizes. Each wallpaper is therefore customised to the dimensions of your wall, making each wallpaper unique to your home. We also sell by per meter square (Height x Width x Unit Price) and not by rolls so that you only pay for what you need for your wall.
Benefits of our wallpapers
- High Quality: Our wallpapers are printed on high quality non-woven paper in factories with the highest standards from Europe. They are reinforced with nylon fibres to make the wallpaper stable and resilient.
- Matte and non-reflective: Our non woven wallpapers are coated with soft and non-reflective matte finishing.
- Safe and non-toxic: Our products are printed using stain resistant, VOC-free (Volatile Organic Compounds) inks on breathable, PVC (Polymerizing Vinyl Chloride) free paper. This ensures that your family and more importantly, your kids are not exposed to toxic chemicals which are usually present in traditional paint and wallpapers, all of which may have harmful health effects.
- Antimicrobial Protection
- Wallpaper washability: All our wallpapers are washable, meaning that their surface is resistant to damage, and any domestic dirt or water stains can be wiped with a damp cloth or sponge.
- Resistant to colour fading: Our production technology is designed to ensure optimum resistance to colour fading.
- Fire resilient: Our wallpapers are fire rated in accordance with EN ISO 11925-2.
Interested to get our wallpaper?
For wallpaper quotation, please click on “Get Quote/Buy” of the product page that you like and submit enquiry with wall dimensions. Installation is available as an add-on service for selected countries.
Feel free to contact us if you have are interested in the following:
- Bulk orders
- Corporate orders
- Selling with us
- Press features
We hope you are feeling more inspired after we’ve shared a couple of our favourite wallpaper ideas to refresh your living room. For more inspirations, check out our full collection of wallpaper designs for the living room!
Visit us at www.hellocircus.com - Singapore and South East Asia favourite home decor and wallpaper mural shop. We design and custom our wallpapers. If you would like to custom your wallpaper, feel free to drop us an email.
Check our our IG https://www.instagram.com/hello.circus/ for inspirations.