Mural wallpaper designs are a great way for creating a modern feature wall for your space. It brings interest to a room, adds texture and creates a focal point that can be used in homes or businesses and change the mood of the space. The options are unlimited, the designs are neverending - you can go for maps, landscape scenes, kids, textures and even personalize it with your photos.
Use the mural on one stand-out feature wall to create an impactful statement or alternatively use all over for a wrap-around feel.
What is a mural wallpaper?
A mural wallpaper is a large, printed image that covers the entire wall like traditional wallpaper. However, unlike traditional wallpaper, a mural wallpaper typically features a unique or artistic design rather than a repeating pattern.
What is the difference between a mural art and mural wallpaper?
- Murals are typically painted directly onto a wall, while wallpaper is a printed or woven design that is adhered to the wall.
- The process and materials used for creating a mural art are often more time-intensive and expensive compared to those used for making a mural wallpaper.
Tips for using a mural wallpaper to create a modern feature wall
Before you start planning your feature wall, there are a few key tips you should keep in mind. Use this checklist to make sure you create the perfect modern feature wall ideas:
1. Decide on the Wall
Wallpapering an entire room with wall murals isn’t just a huge commitment, it’s a big and daring design move. If you want to incorporate some color or a bold pattern, start small by choosing to wallpaper an accent wall. Wallpapering just one wall of a room can infuse personality and flavor. A bold accent wallpaper will capture attention while putting your tastes on display.
2. Look for an unobstructed wall
Having a smooth and clean wall is key. Choose a wall that is unobstructed and clean (e.g without windows and doors), to avoid having to crop off key elements of the mural during installation.
3. Opt for a made-to-measure wall mural
The first step when getting a wall mural printed is choosing your design. You get to specify the size that best fits your situation and scale the mural to your wall size.
4. Think of your end goal
Before picking a mural wallpaper design, consider what you want to achieve within a room or space.
- Are you looking to add more height? Vertica Designs such as stripes pattern wallpaper make walls feel taller and ceilings feel higher.
- Do you want to make a room feel wider? Light, airy colors and horizontal patterns help achieve this.
- Want a surprising element? Consider adding a wall mural on the ceiling! Not only is it unexpected, but ceiling wall murals add contrast and a sense of playfulness.
5. Consider the size of your wall
It is crucial to think about space planning and the size of the wall. When determining what size to order, keep in mind that a full wall mural is going to offer you the greatest impact and is ultimately the best value for your money. A half wall half paint is great if you have furniture flushed against the wall and want to avoid the mural getting blocked.
With a little creativity and some planning, you can achieve a modern feature wall with mural wallpaper. Mural Wallpapers are definitely a great way to incorporate texture and patterns at an affordable price. Check out some wallpaper designs to create a modern feature wall below!
1. Bring the outdoor indoor with a tropical mural wallpaper
Featured: Palm Paradise Wallpaper
Check out our other tropical-inspired wallpapers!
2. Try Japanese Inspired wallpaper that instantly brings softness and serenity to a space.
Check out our other japanese inspired wallpaper
3. Add a pop of colour with a stunning and bold geometric wallpaper feature wall
Featured: Stella Wallpaper
Check out our other geometric wallpaper here
4. Create a modern and stylist feature wall with bold, oversized floral wallpaper
Featured: Adora Vintage Floral Wallpaper
Check out our other Floral wallpapers designs here
5. Opt for a minimalist theme with a monochrome mural wallpaper on the modern feature wall, and keep the rest of the room's decor simple and neutral
Featured: The Wharf Wallpaper
Check out our other black & white wallpaper designs!
6. For a playful touch, choose a whimsical wallpaper on the feature wall in a child's bedroom or playroom
Featured: Walk in the Wild Woods, Hello Circus x Papercranes Design, Wallpaper
Check out our kids' wallpaper collection!
7. Create an industrial look with a mix of exposed brick and concrete mural wallpaper designs
Featured: Top Wall Concrete Brick Wallpaper
Check out our wallpaper collection to achieve the industrial style
8. Try a scenic landscape mural wallpaper
Featured: Japanese Cherry Tree, Wallpaper
Featured: Japanese Cherry Tree, Wallpaper
Check out our full range of landscape-inspired wallpapers!
9. Add luxe to any room with a mural wallpaper with metallic accents
Featured: Le Montparnasse Wallpaper
Check out our other wallpapers with metallic accents!
10. Use a map mural wallpaper for travel-inspired vibes
Featured: Explorer Atlas, World Map Wallpaper
Check out our other travel inspired wallpapers!
11. Enchant your kids with this Animal Paradise mural wallpaper featuring jungle animals and lush trees.
Featured: Animal Paradise, Wallpaper
12. Swing gracefully to the tunes of Tchaikovsky's ballet, with a group of swans amongst the lilies.
Featured: Swan Lake, Wallpaper
12. Go for big abstract shapes and different sizes for a pop of playfulness
Featured: Geometry Wallpaper
Check out our other geometric wallpapers!
There are so many mural wallpaper options to create a modern feature wall. The options are endless - You can evoke a tropical retreat in a living room, transform a bedroom into a breathtaking nature respite, or add a cozy woodland pattern to a kids room.
Why choose Hello Circus’ wallpapers?
We understand your wall comes in different shapes and sizes. Each wallpaper is therefore customised to the dimensions of your wall, making each wallpaper unique to your home. We also sell by per meter square (Height x Width x Unit Price) and not by rolls so that you only pay for what you need for your wall.
Check out our guide on how to measure your wall for wallpaper!
Benefits of our wallpapers:
- High Quality: Our wallpapers are printed on high quality non-woven paper in factories with the highest standards from Europe. They are reinforced with nylon fibres to make the wallpaper stable and resilient.
- Matte and non-reflective: Our non woven wallpapers are coated with soft and non-reflective matte finishing.
- Safe and non-toxic: Our products are printed using stain resistant, VOC-free (Volatile Organic Compounds) inks on breathable, PVC (Polymerizing Vinyl Chloride) free paper. This ensures that your family and more importantly, your kids are not exposed to toxic chemicals which are usually present in traditional paint and wallpapers, all of which may have harmful health effects.
- Antimicrobial Protection
- Wallpaper washability: All our wallpapers are washable, meaning that their surface is resistant to damage, and any domestic dirt or water stains can be wiped with a damp cloth or sponge.
- Resistant to colour fading: Our production technology is designed to ensure optimum resistance to colour fading.
- Fire resilient: Our wallpapers are fire rated in accordance with EN ISO 11925-2.
Read more about our wallpaper materials.
Interested in getting our wallpaper?
For wallpaper quotation: Please click on “Get Quote/Buy” of the product page that you like and submit enquiry with wall dimensions. Check out our bestsellers wallpaper collection to get inspired!
Installation is currently available as an add-on service for selected cities (Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia).
Feel free to contact us if you have are interested in the following:
- Bulk orders
- Corporate orders
- Selling with us
- Press features