If you are a HDB home owner, it may seem tough to make your home feel luxurious and modern with limited space. Thankfully, there are some simple interior design ideas that can help you do just that! In this blog post, we'll share some of our favourite tips for giving your HDB flat a luxurious makeover on a budget. Keep reading to find out more!
Tip #1: Choose furniture and decor that are both stylish and functional
One way to achieve modern luxury interior design in your small apartment is to focus on choosing furniture and decor that are both stylish and functional. For example, instead of a traditional coffee table, opt for a sleek and chic ottoman that can double as extra seating when needed. Or, choose furniture with hidden storage features to help keep your space organised and tidy.
Tip #2: Use lighting to create ambiance
Lighting is an important part of modern luxury interior design. Choose fixtures that make a statement and add to the overall ambiance of your home. Dimmable lighting is also a must-have, as it allows you to create the perfect atmosphere for any occasion.
Image credit: Danish Design
Tip #3: Play with different materials and finishes
Finally, another tip is to incorporate modern luxe details into your space through your choice of materials and finishes. Metallics, glass, and mirrors can all add a touch of glamour and sophistication to your home. And, don’t be afraid to mix and match different textures and patterns to create an interesting and unique space.
Image credit: Yi Ciao Interior Design
By following the above tips, you can easily achieve modern luxury interior design in your small apartment and create a space that is both stylish and functional.
Wallpaper designs that go well with modern luxury interior style
With a little creativity and some careful planning, you can enjoy all the benefits of modern luxury interior design without breaking the bank. Wallpapers are definitely a great way to incorporate texture and patterns at an affordable price. Here are some wallpaper designs which we think will complement the modern luxury interior style!
Modern luxury wallpaper #1: Marble Art
Bring a touch of luxury to your home with our Marble Art wallpaper. This classic grey marble print wallpaper is perfect for adding a touch of glamour to any room. With its timeless design, our Marble Art wallpaper will never go out of style.
Featured image: Marble Art Wallpaper
Modern luxury wallpaper #2: Opulent Marble
Looking to add a touch of luxury to your home? This unique design features a hand-drawn gold pattern on top of marble, creating a truly luxurious look. perfect for making any room feel more opulent and grand. Whether you use it in your living room, bedroom, or even your bathroom, the Opulent Marble wallpaper is sure to make a statement.
Featured image: Opulent Marble Wallpaper
Modern luxury wallpaper #3: Noble Marble
Create a luxurious elegance with the Noble Marble wallpaper, with swirling marble prints in soft grey tones, that is bound to transform any space in your home.
Featured image: Noble Marble Wallpaper
Modern luxury wallpaper #4: Erin Stone Foliage
Looking for something special to add that touch of luxury to your home? Our Erin Foliages Wallpaper is perfect for creating a modern, glamorous look. Featuring an oversized pattern of foliages on a visual stone texture background, the wallpaper creates an amazing rustic stone & cement effect interior, and goes well with modern luxe decor as seen in the image below.
Featured image: Erin Stone Foliage Wallpaper
Modern luxury wallpaper #5: Le Montparnasse
Our Le Montparnasse Wallpaper is definitely a head turner with its distinctive gold and white watercolour strokes. Printed on metallic texture, this wallpaper showcases a smooth blending of pink, white and gold tones, which adds a touch of sophistication to any room.
Featured image: Le Montparnasse Wallpaper
Modern luxury wallpaper #6: Kintsukuroi
Adding our Kintsukuroi wallpaper to your home is an instant way to add luxury and glamour. Inspired by the Japanese philosophy of Kintsugi, this beautiful wallpaper uses our metallic gold substrate, exposing delicate joint lines that shimmer in the light. These gorgeous gold lines change appearance according to the intensity and direction of light, creating a dynamic and ever-changing look in your space.
Featured image: Kintsukuroi Wallpaper
Modern luxury wallpaper #7: Brush
Chalk paint wallpaper is the perfect way to bring a touch of luxury to your home. With its modern yet soothing style, our Brush wallpaper is perfect for creating an expressive backdrop in any room. The rich greige base and confident brushstrokes create a look that is both modern and luxurious.
Featured image: Brush wallpaper in light blue
Modern luxury wallpaper #8: Addison Chalk
Create a visual textured look for your interiors with our chalky wallpaper. The rustic nature of this wallpaper will surely make any room feel elegant and put-together without being overly-dramatic.
Featured image: Addison Chalk Wallpaper in Sand
Modern luxury wallpaper #9: Shiplap
Looking for something a little different in your wallpaper? Our Shiplap wallpaper is perfect for creating a modern, luxurious look in your home. Its tongue groove design is a classic, timeless and versatile piece that can add interest and charm to any room.
Featured image: Shiplap Wallpaper in White
Modern luxury wallpaper #10: Terrazzo Blanc
Our Terrazzo Blanc wallpaper mural gives your walls that posh and lush appearance. With its white and nude colours, our terrazzo wallpaper mural best matches light-toned home décor and furnishings.
This wall mural makes an excellent finishing touch for your living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms or office and stairways.
Featured image: Terrazzo Blanc Wallpaper
Checklist to achieve the modern luxury interior design
In conclusion, here’s a quick checklist to achieve modern luxury interior design for your HDB:
- Stick to a monochromatic or neutral color scheme. This will make your space feel clean and elegant.
- Use high-quality materials and finishes. Invest in pieces that are well-made and will stand the test of time.
- Keep the furniture simple and streamlined. Avoid clutter by choosing pieces that serve multiple purposes.
- Incorporate texture into your décor. This will add interest and depth to your space. One affordable way to do so can be through wallpapers.
- Use lighting to create ambiance. Think about how you can use light to set the mood in your space.
- incorporate personal touches. Add items that reflect your taste and style. This will make your space feel like home.
We hope our tips have inspired you to try something new to give your home an updated and polished look. Be sure to browse our selection of beautiful wallpapers to find the perfect finishing touch for your modern luxury interior design. Thanks for following along!
Why choose Hello Circus’ wallpapers?
We understand your wall comes in different shapes and sizes. Each wallpaper is therefore customised to the dimensions of your wall, making each wallpaper unique to your home. We also sell by per meter square (Height x Width x Unit Price) and not by rolls so that you only pay for what you need for your wall.
Benefits of our wallpapers:
- High Quality: Our wallpapers are printed on high quality non-woven paper in factories with the highest standards from Europe. They are reinforced with nylon fibres to make the wallpaper stable and resilient.
- Matte and non-reflective: Our non woven wallpapers are coated with soft and non-reflective matte finishing.
- Safe and non-toxic: Our products are printed using stain resistant, VOC-free (Volatile Organic Compounds) inks on breathable, PVC (Polymerizing Vinyl Chloride) free paper. This ensures that your family and more importantly, your kids are not exposed to toxic chemicals which are usually present in traditional paint and wallpapers, all of which may have harmful health effects.
- Antimicrobial Protection
- Wallpaper washability: All our wallpapers are washable, meaning that their surface is resistant to damage, and any domestic dirt or water stains can be wiped with a damp cloth or sponge.
- Resistant to colour fading: Our production technology is designed to ensure optimum resistance to colour fading.
- Fire resilient: Our wallpapers are fire rated in accordance with EN ISO 11925-2
Interested to get our wallpaper?
For wallpaper quotation: Please click on “Get Quote/Buy” of the product page that you like and submit enquiry with wall dimensions. Installation is available as an add-on service for selected countries.
Feel free to contact us if you have are interested in the following:
- Bulk orders
- Corporate orders
- Selling with us
- Press features