The Ultimate Guide to Wall Decals
Interested to apply wall decals on your walls? We've put together a comprehensive guide to answer the commonly asked questions regarding wall decals!
- How do wall decals work?
- Where to buy wall decals?
- How to apply wall decals without transfer tape?
- How to apply wall decals with transfer tape?
- How to hang wall decals straight?
- Do wall decals ruin paint?
- How to remove wall decals?
- How to get wall decals to stick again?
- Can I put wall decals in bathroom?
How do wall decals work?
Wall decals come in the form of stickers that you apply onto your walls directly! It's as simple as that.
Where to buy wall decals?
We have a range of exclusive and trendy wall decals here at Hello Circus. Our wall decals are fast and easy to install, easily removable.
How to apply wall decals without transfer tape?
- Step 1: Prepare your wall by cleaning the wall surface with soap and water. Ensure that the surface you are sticking your decals on is dry and free of dust.
- Step 2: Plan out your layout by positioning your wall decals with masking tape to visualise and ensure its exact placement. Do not remove the white backing yet! Use a bubble level or ruler if necessary to level your decal.
- Step 3: It is time to peel off the white backing after you have decided on the wall decal placement. With the masking tape still on the wall decal, start to peel the white backing at a 45° angle. Start applying the wall decal onto the wall as you remove the white backing, portion by portion. Using a card or a squeegee, wrap a cloth over it and smooth out the wall decal onto the wall.
- Step 4: In case of wrinkles and curls, pull the wall decal free gently and re-do the smoothing process. For best results, do not stick wall decals on wet, uneven and textured wall surfaces.
How to apply wall decals with transfer tape?
- Step 1: Prepare your wall
- Pre-clean your wall surfice with soap and water.
- Ensure that the surface is dry and free of dust when applying your wall decals
- Step 2: Plan your layout
- If you fail to plan you plan to fail 😂
- Decide on where you would like to position your decals by taping your decals to the wall using masking tape. Use a bubble level or ruler if necessary.
- Step 3: Peel off the white backing
- Using the masking tape to hold the decal in position, peel off the white paper backing from the decal and transparent transfer tape. Using a card or a squeegee, wrap a cloth over it and smooth out the transfer paper and wall decal onto the wall.
- Do note that once the white paper backing is removed, the adhesive is exposed so make sure not to fold over or wrinkle the decal!
- Step 4: Stick the decal on & peel the transfer tape off
- Continue to smoothen out the wall decal. Ensure that the edges of the wall decal has adhered to the wall.
- Now, start at the corner, slowly peel or roll the transfer tape away from the decal at a 45° angle.
- Continue until the transfer tape is completely removed from the wall and decal.
How to hang wall decals straight?
Do wall decals ruin paint?
When removed gently, wall decals shouldn't damage your wall paint underneath. To get rid of leftover adhesive, wipe it off with a bit of warm, soap water and a clean rag.
For the wall decals that we have in our collection, we use a light adhesive that is gentle on the walls so that you can have that peace of mind when applying and removing the decals.
How to remove wall decals?
If you're unable to remove the wall decal by carefully peeling it off, try using a hairdryer to gently heat the wall decal. Work on removing the wall decals by heating up small sections. After the surface of the wall decal becomes warm to the touch, turn off the hairdryer and slowly peel off the decal. Slowly remove your wall decals in this manner.
To get rid of leftover adhesive, wipe it off with a bit of warm, soap water and a clean rag.
How to get wall decals to stick again?
Wall stickers are not reposition-able. Repositioning will affect the adhesiveness of stickers as re-sticking will pick up dust and reduce stickiness.
Can I put wall decals in bathroom?
Vinyl wall decals are water resistant and can be used in bathrooms.
We have a range of wall decals here at Hello Circus. Check out our exclusive and trendy wall decals. Our wall decals are fast and easy to install, easily removable.