Whether you’re creating creating a shared space, or unsure of your next child's gender, a gender-neutral nursery is an excellent choice. Modern and versatile, neutral nurseries have never been more stylish and inclusive. Wondering how to get the right look? Here's some helpful tips to create a room that your child will love!
Gender-neutral nursery tip #1:
Play with pattern
Patterns are unisex. Playing with a patterned accent, such as this feature wall can anchor an entire room, add colour and create visual weight in its place. This kids room uses a checker board pattern wallpaper with coloured scallop confetti. You can style it easily, without being overly kid-like and the best thing is, it grows with the kids.
Pictured: Checkerboard, Wallpaper
Gender-neutral nursery tip #2:
Focus on Play theme
Focusing on the "Play" theme helps to create a gender-neutral nursery space. Simple walls put emphasis on decor and whimsical accessories, encouraging open end play. Practical details such as open shelving, easy-access toys, and reachable storage hooks allow kids to play independently, creating a functional, kid-friendly room that your child would love.
Gender-neutral nursery tip #3:
Use a rainbow of colours
Pictured: Confetti Shower Wallpaper
Not sure of what colours to use? Introducing a rainbow of colour to an all-white space can really dress up a space without compromising a gender-neutral approach. Playful and eclectic, this confetti wallpaper features a burst of vibrant colours. We have curated a list of furniture from Crate and Barrel for a joyful confetti theme room.
Gender-neutral nursery tip #4:
Opt for the right colours
Pictured: Mini Timberland Wallpaper
If you thinking of anchoring your room around a colour, consider going with colours like green, grey, white, yellow, orange and brown. These are gender-neutral colours and goes with practically anything.
We love green as neutral colour. Various shades of green works well together (psst.. just like our mini timberland wallpaper) and it’s the most comfortable colour on the eyes. According to Jessica Strand, author of “Baby’s Room: Ideas and Projects for Nurseries,” green calms the nervous system and conveys a sense of balance.
For more inspiration, check out our full collection of walllpaper for children.
Why choose Hello Circus' wallpapers?
We understand your wall comes in different shapes and sizes. Each wallpaper is therefore customised to the dimensions of your wall, making each wallpaper unique to your home. We also sell by per meter square (Height x Width x Unit Price) and not by rolls so that you only pay for what you need for your wall.
Benefits of our wallpapers
- High Quality: Our wallpapers are printed on high quality non-woven paper in factories with the highest standards from Europe. They are reinforced with nylon fibres to make the wallpaper stable and resilient.
- Matte and non-reflective: Our non woven wallpapers are coated with soft and non-reflective matte finishing.
- Safe and non-toxic: Our products are printed using stain resistant, VOC-free (Volatile Organic Compounds) inks on breathable, PVC (Polymerizing Vinyl Chloride) free paper. This ensures that your family and more importantly, your kids are not exposed to toxic chemicals which are usually present in traditional paint and wallpapers, all of which may have harmful health effects.
- Antimicrobial Protection
- Wallpaper washability: All our wallpapers are washable, meaning that their surface is resistant to damage, and any domestic dirt or water stains can be wiped with a damp cloth or sponge.
- Resistant to colour fading: Our production technology is designed to ensure optimum resistance to colour fading.
- Fire resilient: Our wallpapers are fire rated in accordance with EN ISO 11925-2.
Interested to get our wallpaper?
For wallpaper quotation, please click on “Get Quote/Buy” of the product page that you like and submit enquiry with wall dimensions. Installation is available as an add-on service for selected countries.
Feel free to contact us if you have are interested in the following:
- Bulk orders
- Corporate orders
- Selling with us
- Press features